This recipe was born in an attempt to make coconut oil aioli without a raw egg. The aioli turned out too thin, so a bit of extra vinegar and some coconut milk and it turned into a magnificent tropical salad dressing that I keep coming back to!
You can definitely taste the coconut, so pair accordingly with plain greens or a tropical inspired salad.
Ingredients for Coconut Milk Salad Dressing:
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp Naked Coffee Booster (can substitue high quality coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (I store mine in the fridge and just skim off the fat for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinegar (I buy this amazing Kuhne Lemon Vinegar from the German Grocery store, you could also mix lemon juice and white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, gently crushed in a mortar and pestle
- Generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or sealable jar, blend or shake vigorously until emulsified
- Serve salad immediately after dressing