This keto-friendly recipe was born out of culinary necessity - but not exactly the kind you would think. I was not eating keto at the time, but had recently read some recipes for low carb wraps made with just flax and hot water.
The need arose when a large pot of delicious vegetable curry was ready to eat and we had no bread of any kind in the house, not even any flour! This curry deserved a good naan or roti - so using one of the wrap recipes, I whipped up a batch of cinnamon flaxseed flatbread!
I always have a couple jars of Coffee Booster in the cupboard; they're so handy for adding a delicious coconut flavor to stir fry, a hint of rich vanilla bean to baking, or a spot of cinnamon and nutmeg to dishes both sweet and savory.
For the flaxseed, I reached for Cinnamon Spice Coffee Booster and the results were amazing! In just a few minutes we had delicious homemade flatbread ready to soak up all that curry sauce.
Secret tip - to get super fine flax, I put whole seeds through a well cleaned out electric coffee grinder! For making flatbread, you want as fine a grind as possible.
Secret Cinnamon Flaxseed Flatbread
- 1/2 Cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Spice Coffee Booster
- Pinch of salt
- A high smokepoint cooking oil for frying (I used Naked Coffee Booster :) )
- Bring the water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- Dump in the ground flax, salt, and the Cinnamon Spice Coffee Booster
- Stir vigorously (a wooden spoon works best)
- Separate into 4 to 6 balls and roll out into approximate circles between two peices of parchment paper
- Heat Naked Coffee Booster (or another high smokepoint cooking oil) in a frying pan
- Fry lightly on each side until slightly browned.